January 16, 2014 By Joyce Schmalz (The Skinny Pear)
Fries are one of those comfort foods to me….they are the perfect accompaniment to burgers. Honestly, I find it hard to order a burger WITHOUT fries, but recently regular ol’ potatoes have not been agreeing with me. Luckily, I love sweet potatoes.
Now, I have a a fussy eater and we finally got her to try the sweet potato fries and now she’s hooked!!
She doesn’t like them if they are too soft though, so she picks through and gets the super crispy ones.
These fries are super easy to make, but they do take a bit of time in the oven, so make sure to start them before the rest of the meal.
To begin, slice your sweet potatoes into long french-fry like lengths. toss them in a bowl with coconut oil. You need just enough coconut oil to coat them a little. Next up sprinkle your desired amount of paprika and chili powder. Make them as spicy as you like. Bake at 425F for about 25-30 minutes or until desired crunchiness is achieved.
These fries are great reheated in the oven too, so make extra for the next day.
This post is featured on Natural Family Friday’s
This post is featured on Girl Meet’s Nourishment: Unprocessed Friday’s
This post is featured on From the Farm Blog Hop
To support my blog, please use this link when you shop for coconut flour or other raw products: Truly Organics It is simply a way to reference my blog for your purchase. When you purchase products through this link it helps to support my blog through an affiliate program. This helps me to continue creating kick ass recipes for you to enjoy! Plus this company rocks! I buy all my coconut flour through them!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
- Best posts from January | Actual OrganicsActual Organics - […] Sweet Potato Chili Fries (Chips) look yummy. I like sweet potatoes and normal potatoes for that […]
- Monthly Link Love: January 2014 : Real Food RN - […] Chili Sweet Potato Fries by The Skinny Pear […]
- A Few of My Favorite Things from January 2014 - Daily Pea - […] made these sweet potatoes for my family and everyone LOVED them. Super easy to make. Chili Sweet Potato Fries …
- Real Food Meal Plan Kit: February 10-23 | Live Simply - […] Sweet Potato Fries […]
- 40+ Easy & Healthy Recipes for College | Edible Attitudes - […] Chili Sweet Potato Fries […]